Padma Lakshmi and RBG at an enviable feast
High Chef host Padma Lakshmi and Supreme Court docket Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg lately loved a meal collectively, as captured in a photograph Lakshmi shared on social media over the weekend.
Lakshmi, who is outspoken about feminism, immigration, and human rights, wrote in a caption accompanying the selfie:
There are meals in your life you’ll always remember. Meals you’ll inform your grandkids about. Final evening was one among them. I had dinner with somebody I’ve admired for an extended very long time. And she or he didn’t disappoint. Witty and whip sensible, she had a twinkle in her eye the entire evening. We sipped champagne, savored our gazpacho and crab and talked of India within the 80’s and a lot extra.
She additionally thanked the host of the dinner, restaurant critic and author David Hagedorn and DHS communications official Michael Widomski, who had been married by RBG in 2013. The Friday dinner was known as “Dinner With Justice Ginsburg” and featured dishes together with deviled eggs, tomato sandwiches, gazpacho with crab, king salmon with fried okra and eggplant, and peach crostata with ice cream, in response to a menu obtained by Insider.
And in different information…
- It was so sizzling over the weekend, the Nationwide Climate Service efficiently baked biscuits in a parked automobile in Nebraska. [CNN]
- Farmers are incomes extra from speaking about farming on YouTube than from precise farming. [Bloomberg]
- Alcohol contaminated with poisonous ranges of methane has killed a minimum of 19 individuals in Costa Rica. [ABC News]
- One other egregious instance of the college lunch debt drawback on this nation: A Pennsylvania faculty district despatched out tons of of letters to oldsters with lunch debt to pay up or their kids might find yourself in foster care. [CNN]
- José Andrés’s World Central Kitchen is offering lunches for migrant kids on the border. [Twitter]
- The queen of England is searching for a full-time chef to hitch her royal family. The beginning wage is surprisingly low (lower than $30ok), however hey, all of your meals are included, and also you get to dwell in Buckingham Palace rent-free. [Insider]
- A pristine, apparently untouched In-N-Out double double was found sitting in the course of the road in Queens for some unknown motive (there are not any In-N-Out areas east of Kansas Metropolis). “It genuinely shook me to my core,” mentioned a New York man who got here throughout the burger. [NY Post]
- A New Jersey pizzeria got here up with the thought of attaching lacking pet flyers to the highest of their pizza supply bins to assist reunite misplaced cats and canines with their homeowners. Harnessing the powers of pizza for good — that’s amore! [GMA]
• All AM Intel Protection [E]